Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Napoli-est Place on Earth


Another successful MLB fantasy draft in the books as my 10 man Rotisserie league hilariously named You're Fucking Out! had our live online draft tonight.  There were some odd picks (Travis Snider) in the 6th round and some late steals (Carlos Guillen was the last overall pick) but for the most part people stuck to the board and never ventured too far off course to select a player.  No one really went slumming except for Wilkin who took Joe Inglett for god knows what reason.

A tip to all those out there who play fantasy baseball.  Don't use ESPN.com for your league if you plan on doing an online draft.  For some unknown the first 7 rounds were not in snake format (1-10 pick then 10-1) and after the 7th round it switched to snake.  Don't know why but I do know that since I picked 7th I got the royal screwjob for the first 7 rounds. 

Team still turned out great and here it is:

The Napoli-est Place on Earth

C Mike Napoli
1B Miguel Cabrera
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Evan Longoria
SS JJ hardy
OF Matt Kemp
OF Jay Bruce
OF Raul Ibanez
UTIL Shin-Soo Choo
UTIL Lastings Milledge
SP Dan Haren
SP James Shields
SP Jon Lester
SP Ricky Nolasco
SP Gavin Floyd
RP Joakim Soria
RP Bobby Jenks
RP Brad Ziegler
RP Justin Masteron
BENCH Rick Ankiel
BENCH Melvin Mora
BENCH David Price

What I Like: I feel like my team has a real good balance to it.  I am not weak in any particular area (except steals) and a lot of my players have a real strong upside.  Plus I was able to get a couple Red Sox players and that is always a good thing. 

What I Love: This is a keeper league so at the end of the season I will be able to keep 6 of my players.  When I look at my team I see some of the All-stars of tomorrow.  Guys like Jay Bruce and David Price are going to good for a long time and I love the fact that they are on my team.

What I Hate:  The lack of comedy my team bring to the table.  No one on my team is a real snapshow (see Milton Bradley) and no one is a real media whore (see A-rod aka Mr. May) they all just show up play well and then go home.  Not cool.  Plus other than "Fat" Gavin Floyd I've got no good nicknames to work with.  Oh well.

Sleeper: Shin-Soo Choo.  Post-All-Star break numbers: 11 home runs, 48 RBI, .343 AVG.  Just saying.

I will keep updating the progress the Napoli-est Place on Earth and hopefully I will put a beating on Stevie P NHL Insider, Draper the Raper, Baby J, and the rest of the bums in my league.

Random Youtube Video


No comments: