Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Little Housekeeping


So I have had a few ideas kicking around that I wanted to write about but weren't important enough to write a whole article about. Here are those ideas in no particular order:

- Charles Woodson of the Green Bay Packers donated $2 million to the University of Michigan Mott Children's Hospital and Women's hospital. Woodson is an alumni at the University of Michigan and also has a child that is suffering from a serious illness. I thought this donation was wroth mentioning as $2 million is a lot of money and should do a lot to help those in need. Woodson can do no wrong as not only is he donating money like he grows it but he is also killing it for my fantasy team. Keep up the good work Charles.

- Also this week Shaq paid for the funeral of a 5 year old girl from North Carolina who was kidnapped and murdered. Shaq had never met the child but said he was deeply affected by her story when he saw it on the news. Obviously a funeral doesn't cost nearly $2 million but the thought is what counts. Shaq clearly didn't need to do anything and even asked the family to try and refrain from telling people of his involvement. Obviously it got out and now people know so some douchers might think it was a publicity stunt. Either way at least now the family can grieve and not have to worry about paying for a funeral. Good week for athletes and charity.

- I didn't write an article on Week 11 of the NFL this week because I didn't actually watch any football on the weekend. Friends of my family are American and so I went to their house to celebrate. Top 10 meal of my life for sure and hands down the best mashed potatoes I have ever tasted. The one thing I did see from Sunday was Matt Stafford going back onto the field with a separated shoulder and throwing the winning touchdown pass. If the Lions don't win another game all season it won't matter. That win was huge for Stafford, the Lions and Detroit. He will go down as a legend there for sure and is proving his value week in and week out...even if he throws more interceptions than Jake Delhomme.

- There are a 2 nicknames I want to catch on so I am asking everyone who reads this to please use these nicknames in front of as many people as you can. The first is 'Danglor' for Nikolas Hagman of the Toronto Maple Leafs and the second is 'Handsome' Rich Peverley of the Atlanta Thrashers. Of the two I think Danglor is the best as my buddy Cruse made it up and it makes me laugh every time. If you haven't figured it out yet it is a Simpsons reference. "I call him Gamblor and he has enslaved your mother with his neon claws."

- How did the Silverdome only sell for $583,000? The mob has to be involved here right? The thing cost $56 million to build and sits on some pretty decent land. I blame the fact the auction wasn't on ebay.

- I don't care if Tony Pike threw for a school record 6 touchdowns today I demand that Zach Collaros be put into the game immediately. This is an egregious error by Cincinnati. If Bledsoe goes down you put in Brady and leave him in. Imagine if the Pats had gone back to Bledsoe?

- Allen Iverson does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Yes he was a good player and he accomplished some things but in 20 years will he be remembered? Will people talk about his skills or will they talk about his massive ego and his hatred of practicing? I love AI and I think he could be the best 6th man in the NBA but he needs to swallow his pride and try and win a ring somewhere.

- This girl named Tieja that writes for the same newspaper as me wrote a column on the Top 10 sexiest hockey players. The criteria was based on skill, "swagger", extracurricular activities and of course looks. Luke Schenn came 2nd! Her eyesight immediately came into question as Luke Schenn is hardly attractive. Plus he hasn't come 2nd in anything before in his life, except for every race to the puck in the NHL. He is a plug. Just look at him:



- This week the Jays resigned defensive Jedi John McDonald to a 3-year $2 million contract and then signed free agent shortstop Alex Gonzalez to a 1-year $2.5 million deal. I love Johnny Mac but why pay someone $2 million to sit on the bench and play in maybe 20 games? This is why the Jays piss me off to no end. Free agency has begun and this is their big move? Show the fans you are committed to winning and go get a big name free agent. How would singing Jason Bay be a bad move for the Jays? Oh right it would limit the playing time of Jose Bautista. Give me a fucking break.

- The Canadian version of the NCAA is the CIS and I was reviewing their eligibility rules today and found out something interesting. Since guys like Kobe and Dwight Howard never went to college they could technically come play in the CIS. Imagine a 45-year old Kobe playing against a bunch of teenagers. Not only would it be amazing to watch him school everyone but I think it would be hilarious too. Kobe is super competitive too so you know he is going to have a hard time walking away from the game so this would work perfectly for him. Our starting 5 would be Kobe, McGrady, Garnett, Jermaine O'neal and Darius Miles. I think we would win some games and KG would cuss out some white kids when he rejected them.

- Even though the Leafs are struggling this year I find they are far more entertaining to watch than in previous years. Danglor is ripping it up right now and so is Phil the Thrill Kessell. Add a couple fights each game from Colton Orr and you have a hockey game worth watching. Plus watching the Brian Burke close ups after a crappy goal never gets old. Speaking of Brain Burke...

- Burke's son is apparently a homosexual. How do I know this? Well he was interviewed on TSN via satellite by James Duthie about how he is gay and involved in hockey. If this wasn't awkward enough Burke himself was sitting right beside Duthie in the studio answering questions like, "are you proud of your son?" How does this shit make it on TV? I have no problem that the guy is gay and if he wants to bang dudes let him but is there a reason this is on a sports channel? Burke's son is an equipment manager or some shit with a college hockey team in Florida. His being gay is irrelevant to the Leaf game and the NHL in general. I don't know who authorized this interview but it was awkward as hell and truly pointless.

- Forget LeBron and forget D Wade. The most exciting player in the NBA is Josh Smith. Every time they show the Plays of the Week he is either destroying the basket with an earth shattering dunk or he is blocking the shit out of someone from out of nowhere. Seriously he is never in the picture and then he flys in out of nowhere like Billy Kidman doing the Shotting Star Press. Josh Smith is the man and I wish the Raptors would try and get him so I could see him play more often.

- I have been watching a lot of old WWF footage lately and it has made me realize 1 thing. I want entrance music. I want the same song to play every time I enter a room so people know it is me. When Stone Cold used to come out and you heard the sound of breaking glass you knew it was on and someone was catching a beating. I need that. I want that. Then when my music plays people will be like, "oh my god that's that's that's James Choleras' music!"

Random YouTube Video

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, johnny mac is gold. he plays every position, not just shortstop. i have seen him play 3rd and 2nd as well as left field. i bet he's a better pitcher than half the guys ni the bullpen and probably could call a better game than chavez behind the plate. i am sure after his hitting explosion last year, he will see a lot more playing time in 2010. well worth the money i say.

p.s. go leafs and the jets suck

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified thesportsinformer.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://worlddiscoveryti.info/forum].[/url][url=http://blbehindthescenes.info/].[/url][url=http://strykerrss.info/].[/url]