Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What I Learned From Twitter


#1 Chad Ochocinco can't take criticsim

Foxsports.com writer Mark Kriegel wrote a column today trashing Ocho and calling him a "loser" and a "chump ballplayer." In response to the column Ocho went a little nuts on Twitter and throughout the day had some quality updates that had me laughing. Here are just a few of them for your enjoyment:

"Mark Kriegel you're an idiot, you want a Lil fame I'll help, because your story today sucked just like you did in school!!!"

"Mark Kriegel you can come work for me, you're wasting away as a writer for foxsports,from me and my followers you get a Child Please!!!"

"Please read article on foxsports.com, this is how you know there's nothing going on in the world, when enjoying yourself and yo job is wrong"

"I can help you make a name for yourself Kriegel, you can't beat em join, you'll never beat me at this, come join, pay raise to!! Straight up"

Seriously after reading this how can anyone not have twitter?


#2 Martellus Bennett is a moron

Bennett, who plays tight end for the Dallas Cowboys, in an avid twitter user and hosts a live stream of himself every night. During this stream he dances, sings, answers questions from fans and just generally acts like a child. Normally this stream is good for nothing more than a few laughs but the other night it got great.

Bennett went on a mini rant about how he believe the US government has the cure for HIV and they simply hold on to the cure to ensure that people die as a means of controlling the population. He does however believe that the government gave Magic Johnson the cure thus explaining how the NBA legend has managed to survive with the disease for over a decade.


#3 Stephon Marbury is an emotional train wreck

Marbury, who in his tweets constantly lets the 'haters' know he can't be held down, decided to host a 24 hour live stream of himself on twitter last week. During this 24 period Marbury took a nap and also took 5 minutes to cry on camera. I swear to god. Click this link if you don't believe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2QEcadC_Rk. By the way the fact that he doesn't have a shirt on is disconcerting to say the least.

Seriously this might be the weirdest thing ever. When I first heard he was going to do this I was kind of pumped. I thought it would be like a 24 hour long version of Cribs. Instead it got way too real and way too weird and so I bailed.

#4 Larry Fitzgerald is a fan of practice

No wonder this man is the best receiver in the NFL. Unlike Allen Iverson Fitzgerald loves to practice. His tweets are always about how he is pumped to get up and work and how he wants to be the best.

Up & ready 2 make 2day a great 1.Never let any1 stand n the way of your dreams.Put faith 1st & WORK WORK WORK!Lets have a great day guys!

Felt pretty good 2day @ practice!Try 2 make everyday @ ur job a gr8 day.Practice & play like some1's after ur job.Stay @ ur best daily!

I can't believe how pumped he is. I mean we're talking about practice! We ain't even talking about the game.


#5 White Guys are Boring

I don't know what it is but every white guy I follow in twitter is boring as hell. Not only are they boring but they aren't funny either. Take a look at some of these gems:

Greg Olsen TE for the Chicago Bears: "btw..how bout stock market these days? lets keep this goin"

Nick Mangold C for the NY Jets: "And camp begins. On my way to the conditioning test."

Mark Sanchez QB for the NY Jets: "Breakfast then AM practice. Back soon"

Steve Nash PG for the Phoenix Suns: "In the nyc training for the upcoming season"

Just brutal. This isn't funny, informative, interesting, or worth reading. All I can say is thank God for Kevin Love.

__________________________________

These are just some of the things I have learned so far from twitter. I am sure I will learn more in the coming weeks and I will share it all with you. http://twitter.com/JCholeras

Random YouTube Video

1 comment:

Draper004 said...

That marbury video creeped the shit out of me.